It's often said that while women go through menopause, men go through a mid life crisis. It might be a line that works in movies but it's practically unfounded. The notion that women go through a physiological change after a certain age while for men it's more existential, doesn't hold ground. Because men too suffer from a syndrome called Male Menopause or Andropause, which is lack of testosterone and DHEA in men. Hence Hormone Replacement Therapy works for both men and women.
Deficiencies in endogenous hormones affect both men and women. That's why Hormone Replacement Therapy, which has traditionally been considered as a treatment for women, is beneficial to men as well.
In this method bio identical hormones are administered to you to make up for the deficiency of those in your body. It's a non-invasive treatment as it's in the form of pills, gels or patches. Even the tests are simple and based on urine, blood and saliva samples.
However it's advisable to start with the treatment after consultation with a specialist physician. You will start seeing results within two months and feel a spark coming back into your life as your spirits are lifted.
Benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy for women:
- It will reduce occurrences of hot flashes and night sweats.
- Menopausal symptoms will be reduced and you will be able to deal with them better.
- Mood swings, anxiety and chances of depression will be reduced.
- There is a lesser risk of Osteoporosis and heart related diseases.
- You will feel less tired and more energetic.
- Memory lapses will be reduced; as blood flow in your body is improved you will be more alert.
- You will lose weight because calories get burned faster. It will make you feel naturally fitter.
Benefits of Hormone Replacement Therapy for men:
- Erectile dysfunction or reduced sex drives are common symptoms of male menopause. Chances of that happening will be drastically reduced.
- If you suffer from disturbed sleep you can feel less than your best the next day. After the treatment you will be able to sleep better.
- There is a lesser risk of heart diseases and depression.
- You will feel less irritable and fatigued all the time. You can concentrate better as well.
Remember in this case, what's good for women is good for men too.